EDUCATIONGeorge Mason University
School of Law, J.D.
James Madison University, B.S.
BAR ADMISSIONSDistrict of Columbia
330 John Carlyle Street
T: 703.881.9141 | F: 703.229.6401
Ms. France is a seasoned litigator, who regularly appears in state and federal courts on behalf of business clients in complex commercial disputes, business torts, and employment actions, including the well-known “Rocket Docket” of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia. Additionally, Ms. France offers a wealth of corporate transactional experience on a wide-range of legal disciplines, including business contracts, corporate formation, mergers and acquisitions, employment matters, bankruptcy, and creditor’s rights. Prior to joining PCT, Ms. France was a partner at one of Virginia’s largest law firms.
Ms. France is a respected lecturer and author. She has lectured at the National Business Institute and served as a guest lecturer at the George Washington University Law School. Her writing credits include articles in Atlantic Coast In-House and the Society for Human Resource Management.
Ms. France also serves on the Alumni Board for the George Mason University School of Law.
- Litigation counsel for businesses in various industries regarding contractual, business torts, trademark infringement and other intellectual property disputes.
- Appears regularly in the federal and state courts located in Virginia and the District of Columbia on behalf of clients.
- Represented local business against a global conglomerate in its defense of a multi-million dollar trade secret dispute, which resulted in a favorable settlement.
- Represented a large professional association in Canada in its defense of a trademark action, which resulted in the dismissal of the case on jurisdictional grounds.
- Successfully pursued and obtained a multi-million dollar debt payment on behalf of financial institution.
- Represented creditors in bankruptcy matters.
- Represented real estate developer in its defense of a contract action filed by an architect, which resulted in the dismissal of the case.
- Represented government contractor in its defense of a patent infringement claim, which resulted in a favorable settlement.
- Represented creditor in a multi-jurisdiction collection of a multi-million dollar judgment against an architect and real estate business, which involved novel legal issues such as the use of computer data obtained from seized computers.
- Represented trustee in an adversary bankruptcy matter in its prosecution of a multi-million dollar fraudulent conveyance matter against the debtor, which resulted in a favorable trial verdict.
- Represented financial institutions in collecting unpaid loans
- Represented client in an employment matter before the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, which resulted in a favorable appellate ruling.
- Successfully resolved employment matters and obtained dismissals of employment discrimination charges.
- Represented one of the top 100 largest U.S. government contractors in connection with its acquisition of a Virginia technology company.
- Represented a government contract company in a multi-million dollar sale of a business division’s assets.
- Represented a foreign corporation in a trademark dispute before the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, resulting in a favorable appellate ruling and the dismissal of the case.
- Represented and advised clients on business formation and governance issues, including C corporations, S corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, articles of incorporation, bylaws, partnership agreements, shareholder agreements, employee incentive programs, stock plans, and fiduciary responsibilities.
- Represented government contractors and other business entities in the preparation of various commercial agreements, non-disclosure agreements, executive employment agreements, non-compete and non-solicitation agreements, severance agreements, licensing agreements, SBA issues including minority-owned and women-owned business set-asides and mentor-protégé relationships, teaming agreements, strategic alliances, and joint venture agreements.
- Recognized as a “Rising Star” in Washington, DC by Thompson Reuters’ Super Lawyers publication (2013-2015)
- Recognized as a “Rising Star” in Virginia by Thompson Reuters’ Super Lawyers publication (2009, 2011-2015)
- Recognized as a “Legal Elite” in Business Law by Virginia Business Magazine (2007-2009, 2014)
- Recognized as a “Legal Elite” in Civil Litigation by Virginia Business Magazine (2007-2009, 2014)