Celeste Bondon is a corporate and intellectual property transactional attorney with over 13 years of legal experience. She has previously served as Executive Vice President & Chief Legal Counsel at Truist, Inc., Counsel at America Online, Inc., and Spectrum Acquisition Counsel at Nextel Communications, Inc. In those positions, she provided advice and counsel to corporate executives, board members and a broad range of business units. She also has experience in the non-profit sector, where she served also served as Executive Vice President & Chief Legal Counsel for United eWay – the former technology arm of the largest nonprofit corporation in the United States.
In private practice, Ms. Bondon focuses on commercial transactions, information technology-focused contracting, and strategic business consulting for individuals, small to medium-sized businesses, non-profits, and Fortune 500® companies alike.
In addition, Ms. Bondon counsels independent and emerging artists in the entertainment industry and religious organizations with respect to the protection of their copyright issues and other intellectual property matters resulting from the increased use of technology in ministry. Additionally, she serves as an Adjunct Assistant Professor at the University of Maryland University College in the Graduate School of Management and Technology.
Ms. Bondon is a member of the Maryland Attorney Grievance Commission and is actively involved with the Washington Area Lawyers for the Arts, Women in Film and Video, National Association of Record Industry Professionals, Maryland Lawyers for the Arts, and American Bar Association. She is a former board member of the William E. Doar, Jr. Public Charter School for the Performing Arts, The George Washington University Alumni Association, and the Greater Washington Area Chapter of the Women Lawyers Division of the National Bar Association.
Representative IP Matters
- Drafted and negotiated multi-party domestic and global deals for technology and online service providers and processors for charitable giving.
- Drafted and negotiated short messaging service (sms) license for on-air philanthropic fundraising drive between reality television singing competition and sports league.
- Drafted attachment and production agreements for reality television shows and served as production counsel for independent film producers.
- Conducted corporate compliance, security inventory and audit procedures for a technology company.
- Represented songwriters in digital download and co-administration agreements.
Representative Corporate Matters
- Represented the contracting needs of various clients with respect to construction, real estate, and procurement matters including, but not limited to, reviewing, drafting and negotiating large dollar figure vendor, professional service, and consulting agreements; non-disclosure agreements and equipment leases.
- Drafted and negotiated multi-facility and multi-million dollar agreements for national hospitality chain.
- Drafted and negotiated multi-million dollar facilities and outsourcing agreements.
- Conducted analysis on equity investment with respect to for-profit restructuring.
- Represented company with respect to its personnel policies and personnel issues including terminations.
- Developed protocol and established governance process for newly formed board of directors.
- Drafted and negotiated various asset purchase agreements, broker agreements, and management and option agreements for the expansion of telecommunications footprint.
- Established 501 c3 non-profit entity for entertainment client.